The Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems (JAMES) publishes research related to a wide range of problems in climate science, including atmospheric and oceanic circulations on multiple scales; radiation, cloud physics, boundary layer, and land surface processes; the biosphere and cryosphere; biogeochemical cycles; and the development of numerical methods, model parameterizations, and data assimilation methods for Earth systems modeling.
JAMES promotes interdisciplinary research, disseminates information to the global community, and informs the general public and decision makers of the science behind climate and Earth systems modeling.
Aims and Scope
JAMES is committed to advancing the science of Earth systems modeling by offering high-quality scientific research through online availability and open access licensing. JAMES invites authors and readers from the international Earth systems modeling community.
- Open access. Articles are available free of charge for everyone with Internet access to view and download.
- Formal peer review.
- Supplemental material, such as code samples, images, and visualizations, is published at no additional charge.
- No additional charge for color figures.
- Modest page charges to cover production costs.
- Articles published in high-quality full text PDF, HTML, and XML.
- Internal and external reference linking, DOI registration, and forward linking via CrossRef.
Stay Connected to Eos
Issues from 1997-2014 are freely available to the public.
Older issues are available through AGU membership or through an institutional subscription.
Download the App
New Android App Available!
iOS App for iPad or iPhone
AGU Career Center
Featured Special Collection
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology Earth System Model
JAMES Special Issue about the MPI-ESM, its components and the CMIP5 simulations.
Upcoming AGU Meetings
- Chapman Conference on Currents in Geospace and Beyond
22-27 May 2016
- Chapman Conference on Emerging Issues in Tropical Ecohydrology
5-9 June 2016
- Fall Meeting
12-16 Dec 2016